No. It’s true that the NHS is well-regarded when it comes to affordability and access for all. One US think tank, the Commonwealth Fund, which publishes a survey comparing 11 rich-country health systems every three years, rates the NHS top on those criteria – as well as strong on safety and reasonably efficient. The trouble…
A podiatrist is a health professional who deals with the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of medical and surgical conditions of the feet and lower limbs. They can help improve mobility and maintain fit, active and pain-free feet.
MediWell Clinic offers podiatry and chiropody treatment with expert practitioners for a variety of foot-related issues.
Why Choose MediWell Podiatry Clinic
- We aim to see emergencies at short notice
- After-work appointments are often available
- We work closely with our Specialist General Surgeon and other practitioners – with fast access to treatment with antibiotics, pain relief, other prescription medicines, and laboratory tests
- The extensive on-site facilities of the MediWell Podiatry Clinic mean that medical and nursing support are always available when needed
- Our podiatrists are experienced practitioners so you can have confidence in the treatment and advice you receive
- Our team of staff are dedicated and are always willing to go the extra mile
- MediWell Clinic is a CQC licenced (including surgical procedures) clinic
What Podiatry Treatments are available?
We offer podiatry/chiropody treatment by a skilled, qualified and experienced team for a range of problems including:
- Corns & callous
- Foot & ankle injuries/pain and sports injuries
- Foot posture-related aches and pains, including shin pain, knee pain, chronic hip and lower back pain.
- Footwear problems
- Ingrowing toenails and other nail pathology
- Skin disorders/infections
- Verrucae (Plantar warts) surgery
We provide numerous assessment, treatment and rehabilitation modalities including:
- Routine foot care of skin & nails
- Protective dressings and strappings
- Verruca treatments, including cryotherapy using liquid nitrogen
- Treatments for nail infections
- Nail surgery
- Bio-mechanical assessments
- Gait analysis
- Customised orthotics
- Temporary or “off the shelf”‘ arch supports and insoles
- Prescription/custom-made orthotics (permanent devices)
- Footwear advice
- Foot health education & self-care advice
- Medical Acupuncture
- Sports injuries
- Podiatry for paediatrics
Our team is passionate about foot care and work together as part of a team to make sure patients receive the best treatment possible.
Uniquely, our clinic is also a fully-resourced multidisciplinary medical centre – with easy access to doctors, nurses, prescription medicines and laboratory tests whenever they are needed.